ARC, Inc. is hosting its second “Steps Towards Justice" Hike-a-thon! Join us the weekend of May 22 and 23 by hitting a trail near you or a location of your choice. You can participate on your own or with a group. For every half mile (1,000 steps) you hike, you'll be raising support for ARC, Inc.’s juvenile justice efforts. After the event, we'll be tallying up our collective steps and miles to see how far we've moved toward justice!
1. Complete the registration form.
2. Create your personal fundraising page or join a group fundraising page by clicking the "I Want To Fundraise For This" button on the Hike-a-thon campaign page.
3. Let family and friends know about your hike and direct them to your page or keep track of offline pledges using the pledge form.* Donors can pledge a set amount or pledge an amount per half-mile (1,000 steps).
4. Hike, run, bike, etc. on May 22 or 23 and count your steps or miles.**
5. Complete the Post-Hike-a-Thon Google Form to share your hike-a-thon pictures and your total miles or steps. Visit our celebration page during the week of May 24 to see where fellow participants were and our total steps.
*Every participant who raises or gives at least $25 for this event will receive a "Steps Towards Justice" swag. It's our way of saying thanks, and a great way to show your solidarity.
**You can track this with a step counting device like a Fit Bit or an app on your phone, but if you prefer not to do either of those, just find out the total miles of your chosen activity. Each half-mile equals about 1,000 steps.
Join ARC, Inc.'s Baltimore Team - LOCATION AND TIME UPDATE
The previously identified location is not available to the public at this time. The Baltimore team will now be meeting May 22 at 11:00 a.m. EST. The team will be hiking approximately 3.5 - 4 miles at Lake Roland Park, located at 1000 Lakeside Drive, Baltimore, MD 21210, and will meet at the Nature Center entrance. Parking can be found near the Nature Center or at the Falls Road Light Rail Parking Lot.
Join ARC, Inc.'s Jacksonville Team
On Saturday, May 22 at 10:00 a.m. EST, ARC, Inc.'s Jacksonville team will be taking a 2.2 mile hike starting at the Jacksonville Pretrial Detention Facility (500 E. Adam's Street). The group will take the following route:
1. Start at the Jacksonville Pretrial Detention Facility
2. Site 2: Office of Regional Conflict Counsel located at 1 West Adams Street, Jacksonville, FL 32202 (0.6 miles from the jail).
3. Site 3: Office of the Public Defender located at 407 N. Laura St. (0.2 miles from the Office of Regional Conflict Counsel).
4. Site 4: Duval County Courthouse located at 501 W. Adams St. (0.4 miles from the Office of the Public Defender).
5. End the walk at the Jacksonville Pretrial Detention Facility (1 mile from the Duval County Courthouse).
Additional remote locations will be posted to our hike-a-thon campaign page as they become available.
If hiking isn't really your style, you can still cheer on our hikers by pledging and spreading the word.
1. Go to our Meet Our Hikers page to choose a participant to support.
2. Find your hiker’s hike-a-thon page and click to give your desired amount per 1,000 steps.
3. During the week of May 24, check back here for step totals and event photos.
If you have questions, please contact Mary at firstname.lastname@example.org.