ARC, Inc. is hosting its second “Steps Towards Justice" Hike-a-thon! Join us the weekend of May 22 and 23 by hitting a trail near you or a location of your choice. You can participate on your own or with a group. For every half mile (1,000 steps) you hike, you'll be raising support for ARC, Inc.’s juvenile justice efforts. After the event, we'll be tallying up our collective steps and miles to see how far we've moved toward justice!
1. Complete the registration form for the hike.
2. Create your personal fundraising page or join a group fundraising page by clicking the "I Want To Fundraise For This" button on the Hike-a-thon campaign page.
3. Let family and friends know about your hike and direct them to your page or keep track of offline pledges using the pledge form.* Donors can pledge a set amount or pledge an amount per half-mile (1,000 steps).
4. Hike, run, bike, etc. on May 22 or 23 and count your steps or miles.**
5. Complete the Post-Hike-a-Thon Google Form to share your hike-a-thon pictures and your total miles or steps. Visit our celebration page during the week of May 24 to see where fellow participants were and our total steps.
*Every participant who raises or gives at least $25 for this event will receive a "Steps Towards Justice" swag. It's our way of saying thanks, and a great way to show your solidarity.
**You can track this with a step counting device like a Fit Bit or an app on your phone, but if you prefer not to do either of those, just find out the total miles of your chosen activity. Each half-mile equals about 1,000 steps.
Want to join the Baltimore ARC, Inc. team in person?
On Saturday, May 22 at 10:00 a.m., the ARC, Inc. team will be doing a 3.5-mile hike on Loch Raven Drive 12460 Dulaney Valley Road, Baltimore, MD 21131 - at the corner of Loch Raven Drive and Morgan Mill Road. We'd love to have you join us!
Additional remote locations will be posted to our hike-a-thon campaign page as they become available.
If hiking isn't really your style, you can still cheer on our hikers on by pledging and spreading the word.
1. Go to our Meet Our Hikers page to choose a participant to support.
2. Find your hiker’s hike-a-thon page and click to give your desired amount per 1,000 steps.
3. During the week of May 24, check back here for step totals and event photos.
If you have questions, please contact Mary at firstname.lastname@example.org.