ARC, Inc. is hosting its second “Steps Towards Justice" Walk-a-thon! Join us the weekend of May 21 and 22 by hitting a trail near you or a location of your choice. You can participate on your own or with a group. For every half mile (1,000 steps) you walk, you'll be raising support for ARC, Inc.’s juvenile justice efforts. After the event, we'll be tallying up our collective steps and miles to see how far we've moved toward justice!
1. Complete the registration form at right.
2. Create your personal fundraising page or join a group fundraising page by clicking the "I Want To Fundraise For This" button on the Walk-a-thon campaign page.
3. Let family and friends know about your walk and direct them to your page or keep track of offline pledges using the pledge form. Donors can pledge a set amount or pledge an amount per half-mile (1,000 steps).
4. Walk, hike, run, bike, etc. on May 21 or 22 and count your steps or miles.*
5. Complete the Post-Walk-a-Thon Google Form to share your walk-a-thon pictures and your total miles or steps. Visit our celebration page during the week of May 23 to see where fellow participants were and our total steps.
*You can track this with a step counting device like a Fit Bit or an app on your phone, but if you prefer not to do either of those, just find out the total miles of your chosen activity. Each half-mile equals about 1,000 steps.
Join ARC, Inc.'s Baltimore Team
The Baltimore team will be meeting Sunday, May 22 at 11:00 a.m. EST. The team will be hiking approximately 3.5 - 4 miles at Lake Roland Park, located at 1000 Lakeside Drive, Baltimore, MD 21210, and will meet at the Nature Center entrance. Parking can be found near the Nature Center or at the Falls Road Light Rail Parking Lot.
Join ARC, Inc.'s Jacksonville Team
On Saturday, May 21, ARC, Inc.'s Jacksonville team will be holding a walk. We're going to meet at V's Pizza (Jacksonville Beach location) at 11:00 a.m. The address is 528 1st St N, Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250.
Additional remote locations will be posted to our walk-a-thon campaign page as they become available.
If walking isn't really your style, you can still cheer on our walkers by pledging and spreading the word.
1. Go to our Meet Our Walkers page to choose a participant to support.
2. Find your walker’s walk-a-thon page and click to give your desired amount per 1,000 steps.
3. During the week of May 24, check back here for step totals and event photos.
If you have questions, please contact Nidhi at email@example.com.